By Alene Adele Roy
Sanctuary is a historical novel set in 1865, just after the end of the Civil War, as nanny, Rachael Hathaway, arrives to work for Dr. John Davis and his wife. She soon learns that they enjoy a close circle of devoted family and friends, and is surprised by some secrets at this home place. As the nation rebuilds, she has another mission on her mind, besides giving wonderful care to little Lily Davis, a long-standing, unspoken dream, to drill wells for those in need of water. Yet, that goal has competition when she learns of the desperate need for housing within Velvet Villa Village and the Twelve Ponds Territory.
In this saga of mystery, intrigue, love, friendship, and romance, The Summer Cotillion At Black Woods Castle plays an integral part, as music fills the air, amidst the dilemma of the missing horses, the Spice Dock mystery, and a life-threatening injury plaguing one of their own. Who will win Rachael's heart, as two best friends vie for her love and hand in marriage, or will she return home to Bower Farm and her childhood friend, instead of helping her employer, Captain John, achieve his mission and life-long goal of building the Museum Of Ancients?
POND GHOSTS won First Place in the Young Adult Category of the Royal Dragonfly Book Awards.
Book Title: Sanctuary
• Hollywood Book Award and London Book Award
• Received 6 Royal Dragonfly Book Awards from Five Star Publications in recognition of excellence in literature:
* First Place for Romance
* Second Place for Historical Fiction
* Second Place for The Newbie/First Time Author Award
* Three Honorable Mentions: Best Cover Design, Best Interior Design, and Young Adult Fiction.